Academics and academic contribution:
- Vascular Surgeon turned Certified Yoga Therapist and Ayurvedic Practitioner
- Retired as an Associate Professor of Surgery at Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, Virginia
- Teaches Yoga Therapy, Ayurvedic Philosophy and Ayurvedic Yoga Therapy both nationally and internationally
Research, Editorial and Author
- Integrates Yogic and Ayurvedic wisdom with the science of Western Medicine
- First-person to start approved CME (Continuing Medical Education) course in the USA for physicians: "Yoga Therapy for Medical Professionals"
- DVD - "Yoga Therapy for Health and Healing: A Daily Practice"
- Book - "Yoga Therapy, Ayurveda and Western Medicine: A Healthy Convergence"
Awards & Appreciation: Recipient of Many Awards
- Awarded Doctor of Literature (D.Litt) degree in Yoga by Swami Vivekananda YogSamsthana, India.
- Chairman of the Center for Integrative Medicine and Yoga, Virginia
- Past President of the Board of Directors for the American Heart Association, Virginia
- Immediate Past President of the Board of Directors, International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT)
- Chairman of the Board, Life in Yoga Institute
Speaker for Various Health Related Talks on Digital Media & Television
- Fellow of the American Associations of Integrative Medicine (AAIM)