Repertory of Hering's Guiding Symptoms of our Materia Medica is a voluminous repertory and bedrock of Kent’s, Murphy’s and many repertories. This repertory is a reservoir of concomitants, cured symptoms, pathological and diagnostic rubrics.
Dr Knerr has preserved the symptoms in the original words of the provers which makes it easier to search for rubrics. This puritan repertory has inclusion of rubrics from provings as well as toxicological pathogenesis, clinical provings and confirmations. This broadens the horizon of each rubric and the remedies under it.
The unpopularity of Knerr’s repertory doesn’t hide its efficacy. It took 5 years for Dr Knerr to build this valuable repertory. What you need is precise teaching for using this repertory and Dr Jawahar Shah will be your guide in this session. Join him and find out how to use this repertory efficiently and improve your bedside prescription.
- Introduction to concordance repertory
- Plan and Construction of Knerr’s repertory
- Concept and philosophy
- Special features of the repertory
- Importance of Knerr’s repertory
- Limitations of the repertory
- Understand the concept of Puritan type of repertory
- Learn the arrangement of Knerr’s repertory and how to search rubrics
- Learn the significance of the repertory in certain cases
- Identify the concomitants in cases and understand how critical they are for selecting the remedies
- Appreciate the effort of Dr Knerr in constructing this repertory with the wealth of concomitants and characteristics particulars