A substance use disorder (SUD), also known as a drug use disorder, is a condition in which the use of one or more substances leads to a clinically significant impairment or distress.
- In 2010 about 5% of people (230 million) used an illicit substance. Of these 27 million have high-risk drug use otherwise known as recurrent drug use causing harm to their health, psychological problems, or social problems or puts them at risk of those dangers.
- In 2015, substance use disorders resulted in 307,400 deaths, up from 165,000 deaths in 1990. Of these, the highest numbers are from alcohol use disorders at 137,500, opioid use disorders at 122,100 deaths, amphetamine use disorders at 12,200 deaths, and cocaine use disorders at 11,100.
The survey points to a striking increase in prevalence rates from ages 13 to 18 highlighting adolescence as the key period of development of substance use disorders.
This expert-led webinar by Dr.Manoj Patel provides an overview on Utility Of BIO-PSYCHO-SOCIAL Model in Managing Substance Use Disorder.
This webinar provides valuable Methodology: 2 cases of different substance in details from screening to case receiving, processing & homeopathic management. At the end, we will be evolving the standard approach to managing cases of SUD.
- Enhancing clinical understanding of SUD as seen in Homoeopathic clinical practice and deepening the awareness of the Homoeopathic physician’s role in the diagnosis and management of various SUD.
- With the help of Bio–Psycho–Social model understanding the multifactorial causation of SUD and its importance to a Homoeopathic physician.
- Understanding the nuances of case receiving/ taking in patients with SUD
- Correlating the clinical approach to substance use disorders with Homoeopathic principles as laid down by Hahnemann and other stalwarts.
- Understanding the miasmatic correlations with various Psychological & genetic vulnerabilities of SUD and the impact of & on various co-morbidities
- Presenting a standardized approach to the understanding and treatment of SUD.
- Understanding the Materia Medica of remedies commonly indicated in the management of SUD